FZ200 and Use of Teleconverter

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Questions thread
Jerry045
Senior MemberPosts: 4,049Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ200 and Use of Teleconverter
In reply to dgcummins, Feb 1, 2013

Diana:

The conversion lens settings are described on page 194 of your manual, however, lots of us found that setting the camera with that menu provides no useful purpose.

You are correct, the switch position on the side is labelled AF-Macro. My memory is not that great.

Sometimes with the teleconverter mounted on the camera, the autofocus system cannot find the right focus. Placing the side switch to AF-Macro, you get more focus range, so the camera can find the right focus point. It is slower and hunts around more, but if the camera can't find the right focus spot in AF mode, you have no choice. If you are not using the teleconverter, then the normal AF position works just fine.

Here's another thought. Put the camera in iZoom mode. This sort of extends your zoom range by cropping your photo inside the camera and then upsizing it. It really does not increase your resolution, but it will let you take some shots without having to screw on the teleconverter. Try it out and see how it works for you.

Check out page 92 and 93 of your manual. You want to set your focus to "1-Area". Then if you press your focus button on the side of the lens a square should show up. This is the area the camera will use to focus. You can adjust the size of this square with the thumbwheel. I use the smallest setting so as not to end up with sharp branches and a blurry bird. This setting will not be saved when you power off the camera, so you need to reset it when you power back on.

I don't know what you can set with the Fn buttons. Perhaps a FZ200 user can help.

Sherm had some great thoughts about back lit shots. Most bird shots tend to be up against the sky.

Definately practice shooting before your trip, you will be much more comfortable with the camera, and it will be easier to make what ever settings you need.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

Jerry045's gear list:Jerry045's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow