Hairy arms

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
JulesJ
Forum ProPosts: 33,022
Like?
Re: Hairy arms - Dust & Scratches
In reply to Sunshine_boy, Feb 1, 2013

Sunshine, thanks. I will try this later as I have to get on with the retouching and printing as our mount person is in tomorrow and I have to get on!!! Thanks for your reply, I will be back!

Jules

Sunshine_boy wrote:

JulesJ wrote:

Hairy arm

This is an interesting exercise since there is dark hair and light hair. You also need to avoid techniques that blur the whole skin area, unless you want that too. I would consider that as a separate exercise and concentrate on only the hair.

On a copy layer, use Filter/Noise/Dust & Scratches, blurring the min amount until hair just disappears. Then change the blend mode to 'Lighten', add black mask and paint on the mask with white over the areas with dark hair (avoid edges). Repeat the same but have it in darken mode, painting on the mask over the light hair.

Adjust the opacity of both new layers and add a little contrast or sharpening, just a touch. Flatten and use history brush to paint over any blurred edges or areas with no hair (in case you accidentally included them in the masks.

For better clarity, here is a crop comparison Before/After

I should have been a bit more 'decisive' with the light hair...

-- hide signature --

Best Regards
Sunshine
Visit my website for lots of pics and fun...
www.sunshine-web.com
ps If you see someone without a smile on, give him one of yours...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow