Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Snapshott
Senior MemberPosts: 1,805Gear list
Like?
Re: Pueblo, CO Eagle Days - worthwhile?
In reply to cplittleton, Feb 1, 2013

cplittleton wrote:

All -

I stumbled across an announcement on the Colorado State Parks website for "Eagle Days" this coming weekend at Lake Pueblo State Park. I live about 2.5 hours away. As much as I would love the opportunity to shoot bald eagles (and other raptors listed in the ad), my schedule this weekend will make for a very cramped trip with only maybe 2 hours of midday photo time. Midday light with possible crowds and over-enthusiastic rangers keeping everyone moving could ruin the limited time I would be able to manage.

Has anyone attended this event in the past? Can you recommend it? Or should I just digest the information in the ad, avoid the crowds, and head to Lake Pueblo State Park next weekend after the event when I can spend a full day and catch a sunset?

CPLittleton

Never been there but here's my opinion. Eagle Days likely won't be a good photography day for the the reasons you stated above. On the other hand it would be a very good day to gather information of good locations to photograph the eagles on a less crowded day.

I would go for the following weekend but try to arrange a time with a ranger when you get there so they can let you know where the best locations are. No reason to waste time wandering around trying to them.

-- hide signature --

Snapshott

Snapshott's gear list:Snapshott's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow