DO YOU STILL PRINT PICTURES?

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
sshoihet
Senior MemberPosts: 2,064Gear list
Like?
Re: DO YOU STILL PRINT PICTURES?
In reply to t.c. marino, Feb 1, 2013

t.c. marino wrote:

just realized that i have not printed a picture for any of my clients in at least 2 YEARS..i do a lot of paid gigs and hardly anyone wants prints..all they want is the tweaked high res images on a disc..the images eventually get downsized and printed in the area newspapers, posted on the web by the clients...worse..i see a lot of my images..on FACEBOOK.when i shot film,prints was part of the "package"love to hear some feedback on this topic
nikonshooter

I don't print a lot, but I'm printing more lately and making larger prints. I like that I can show the image how I intended it to look and not have to worry about how it's going to look on someone's uncalibrated display. I happened to have a couple of 11x17 portraits at work today and i showed them to a coworker.  He'd seen them before displayed on screen and he remarked how much better they looked in print.  I think it's hard to appreciate just how amazing the images are from our cameras now if you don't make any large prints

sshoihet's gear list:sshoihet's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D7000 Canon EOS M Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
YesNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow