sony rx100 worth buying/ £430.00 is it a good compact?

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
rio911
Contributing MemberPosts: 890Gear list
Like?
Re: sony rx100 worth buying/ £430.00 is it a good compact?
In reply to wakkaday, Feb 1, 2013

wakkaday wrote:

will it take better pics/video then the hx20v which is half the price... and how is the picture/video quality compared to the nex-7

i want something portable, but for the same price you can get an slr... i will be mainly taking family pictures.. what would you say would be the biggest print size that will be acceptable on the rx100? i may want to print out some canvases etc

All very good questions, as old as the universe. And I expect that there is no one else that can make the decision for you.

So here is my point of view: I bought the RX100 while I still have an alpha DSLT on the side.

HX20v is a capable camera, but (and I know a lot of people would take offence) it is roughly half as capable as the RX100. HX20v is capable of taking quality pictures, but the RX100's IQ is from a different planet (given the size).

Hope you make the right choice for you,

rio

PS: can't comment on the video, rarely use it and don't have the NEX as well

rio911's gear list:rio911's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow