Like?
Re: I give your post 100%.
In reply to Great Bustard, Feb 1, 2013

Great Bustard wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

NZ Scott wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

"I give God 10%," Bell wrote on the receipt, scratching out the automatic tip and scribbling in an emphatic "0" where the additional tip would be. "Why do you get 18?" (There were more than eight people in Bell's party, triggering the auto-tip.)"

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/applebees-waitress-fired-pastor-receipt-193820748.html

Pastor should be banned from Apple Bees!

An interesting story. Thank's for posting, Princess.

As a non-tipper from a non-tipping country who is living in another non-tipping country, I find the whole concept of tipping to be repugnant and I have every sympathy for the holy-man.

On the other hand, I think that if you walk into a restaurant in the United States - which has the world's strongest tipping culture - then by doing so you are entering into an implicit contract with that restaurant and its staff that you are agreeing to abide by that culture.

In other words - in America you gotta tip. Whether you like it or not.

100% agree. I cannot stand having to tip. Raise the prices 18% and pay the workers accordingly.

There used to be a kosher restaurant in the East End of London (name escapes me for the moment, but I ate there quite often) where the waiting staff were all self employed. Technically what was happening was that they were buying food from the kitchen and selling it on to the customers with their own mark-up. You could get a different deal from different waiters.

OK, now that's bizarre!

Grodzinski it was called. They also had a chain of kosher bakeries that did great bagels and bread pudding to die for (I'm not sure bread pudding is in the kosher tradition, maybe more fusion with traditional English - but very, very good).

-- hide signature --

Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow