DO YOU STILL PRINT PICTURES?

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roland Schulz
Regular MemberPosts: 465Gear list
Like?
Rarely...
In reply to t.c. marino, Feb 1, 2013

I do some wedding work and demand for prints goes down, most only want a CD-ROM with the files.

When I meet the clients for giving them the CD-ROM I always have an iPad3 with their photos with me and show the photos to them.

Earlier sometimes I had problems with clients telling me my photos were dull or of wrong color. In every case it was their computer/display that was wrong. My equipment is well calibrated and i also know what i do. I also was so lucky when Adobe introduced softproofing to LR4.

The only thing missing is a fine photo viewer for the iPad. Photo Manager Pro only produces low res proxy files where you canĀ“t zoom to the native res of the files. The only useful exeption I found is Files Pro by Olive Toast. That app is quite fast and shows the native resolution, actually up to 25MP.

The iPad3/4 have really stunning displays. I measured one and it is nearly sRGB. So I proof to sRGB, everything else would be also "to high" for wedding clients ;-)!

Roland.

Roland Schulz's gear list:Roland Schulz's gear list
Sony RX100 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
YesNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow