NEX6 with kitlens 16/50 *or* NEX6 house with SEL16F28 + WA converter?

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
guermantes
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?
NEX6 with kitlens 16/50 *or* NEX6 house with SEL16F28 + WA converter?
Feb 1, 2013

Hi,

I've been reading this forum for a month now, trying to familiarize myself with mirrorless cameras and I am getting very close to making my purchase. For someone taking the step up from point and shoot and who more or less has decided on the NEX6, what first lens should I go with? Is one of the options in the title more obvious/viable than the other?

1. I am primarily interested in taking social photos of friends in various settings/light and architectural/religious buildings/landscapes when traveling. 
  2. My first lens should be compact since I am going traveling soon.
  3. I read good and bad things about the 1650 but am unsure how it compares to the SEL16F28 (which is a prime lens, so it should be much better, right.) Perhaps I could trade the zoom factor of the 1659 for IQ in the SEL16F28 (+WAC). I saw someone posting photos here with the SEL16F28+WAC and that kind of watered my mouth as regards landscape/cityscape photos.
  4. I admit, I am ignorant about what it really means that the SEL16F28 starts at f2.8 and if that is considerably more desirable than f3.5

Any opinions would be more than welcome.

/g

guermantes's gear list:guermantes's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS LE Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow