FastStone has been updated

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
John King
Forum ProPosts: 12,795Gear list
Like?
I am now a registered, licensed FastStone Viewer user ...
In reply to John King, Feb 1, 2013

When I downloaded the new version, I thought I would sling them a donation of US$15 ...

In the olden days when I first started using FV, they only had facilities for credit cards, and PayPal either didn't exist, or was in its infancy. I have never used any credit card on the Internet, and never will. Even my PayPal a/c is linked to a stand-alone a/c that rarely has more than a few bucks in it.

There are some things that FV does (far) better than the various iterations of Adobe CS suite that I have used for many years (since PS 7.x, to be precise ... ). One such feature is the ability to print high quality thumbnail sheets along with their filename and selected EXIF data as a PDF file. This is extremely useful to me, and all but impossible to do in any part of CS ...

It has taken until CS6 for Adobe to be able to print the image description from the EXIF data under the image from Photoshop. They still have zero ability to use variables of any kind for this, or allow variations in placement, etc - i.e. still exceptionally crude, but welcome nonetheless.

So I am now a genuine, registered, licensed user of FastStone Viewer ...

AND they sent me an email thanking me for my kind comments about their software!

-- hide signature --

Regards, john from Melbourne, Australia.
(see profile for current gear)
Please do not embed images from my web site without prior permission
I consider this to be a breach of my copyright.
-- -- --
The Camera doth not make the Man (nor Woman) ...
Perhaps being kind to cats, dogs & children does ...
I am a Photography Aficionado ... and ...
"I don't have any problems with John. He is a crotchety old Aussie. He will smack you if you behave like a {deleted}. Goes with the territory." boggis the cat
Gallery: http://canopuscomputing.com.au/gallery2/v/main-page/

Bird Control Officers on active service.

John King's gear list:John King's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow