Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rocklobster
Senior MemberPosts: 1,408
Like?
The problem with E-PLx and E-PMx
Feb 1, 2013

I have an E-PM1 and although I have some reservations about the sensor that is not what really bugs me about the camera. The thing that really bugs me is the lack of individual, simultaneous and direct (wheel) control over aperture, shutter speed and, most importantly (for this sensor) ISO. Yes, I know that would have made it more expensive, bulky and complex and there is probably a Panasonic option that suits my needs but I prefer Olympus. And, don't even think of suggesting that I can control these functions from a touch-screen - I want a camera not an enhanced smart-phone!

So, you are probably saying buy the E-M5 but am not sure how you can reassign ISO to one of the control wheels with that camera. I have handled one in a store and fell in love with it despite it's more bulky dimensions and I probably would buy it if it did not have the faux-prism hump.

I suppose, like everyone else, I am eagerly awaiting the E-P5 but it seems like it won't happen any time soon.

On another point, has anybody used the Panasonic pancake zoom on an E-PL3/5 or Mini and is satisfied with its operation and IQ?

Cheers

Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus PEN E-PM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow