Flat view
theNeverKings
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?
OMD EM5 focus hold?
Feb 1, 2013

Hi.

A couple of question about the EM5’s focus system:

1. Is it possible to manually  pre-set a focus distance on the Olympus/Panasonic lenses, make an exposure, turn then camera off, turn the camera on and take another shot and still have the lens at the previously set distance. I currently use this "set and forget" method on my Nikons for street and function photography.
  2. Given that the general consensus is that the CAF system on the EM5 is less than effective, how good is the SAF at focusing on a person walking towards the photographer in a typical street scenario. I'm thinking of focal lengths of between 12 and 45 mm, wide open through to f4-5.6. 

I realise it may be difficult to give a firm answer (how faraway is the person, how fast are they walking etc.), but any help is appreciated. I'm trying to avoid a repeat of my experience I had with the purchase and subsequent sale of the XPro1. I have been testing the camera at my local camera store, but as you may be able to appreciate, there is only so much you can do under those conditions.

Thanks in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow