7D2 - not coming soon? - Anyone translate Japanese Canon interview

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
altair8800
Senior MemberPosts: 1,227
Like?
Re: 7D2 - see front page article DPReview - "limited interest in high-end APS-C"
In reply to David_C, Feb 1, 2013

David_C wrote:

NancyP wrote:

The 70D is coming, but the 7D2 may not be a priority - Canon imaging CEO says that there are only another 2 generations of APS-C DSLRs expected. Future is in FF, the 6D is meant to cut the ground under the APS-C models. I suspect that any 7D2 will be released with a substantial addition to MP plus some other features - Nikon already has a 24MP "entry" APS-C newly released.

Personally I think that Canon ought to recognize its action/wildlife photographer segment as having interest in a new top-level APS-C, but maybe the Canon approach is to make that super-high MP FF first.

Funny, he's the same guy who was interviewed in the Japanese article I was requesting a translation on...

where he said, (MM = is the same guy)

MM: Yes, they would be correct. For us, it’s about looking at what the camera has the potential to be and then adding that to what it can currently do. I do think the current model (7D) is still very attractive to buyers. And while we are, of course, developing its successor (7D2), it’ll be one that incorporates a certain number of innovative technologies. We will not be putting out a product with merely better specs, but one that has evolved into new territory. But then again, we’re not talking about something a long time from now either.

Dave

Thanks. I missed that funny point! I think the interviewer on the front page was inserting his own views a lot.

Dan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow