Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ErinC
Regular MemberPosts: 123
Like?
Lens recommendation for NEX 6 please...
Feb 1, 2013

I know there are loads of threads along these lines, but I'm looking for some specific 'I do this' recommendations.

I'm going to embark on a project to photograph the landscapes and landmarks around my small town and hopefully compile a photo book to showcase the area.

I have a Canon 40D with 10-22mm, 50 1.8, 28-135 IS and 18-55 IS... however, I've already got a buyer for the 10-22 and my canon flash as I'm pretty sure I'd rather invest in the NEX system. I'll eventually sell all my Canon gear to fund future lens options.

I have the 16-50 and 55-210 E mount lenses already, but what I really miss and really want is a wide angle, like my 10-22.

I know the 10-18 e mount is getting decent reviews so that is an option but I can't see myself affording it any time soon! Another option is getting an adapter for my current lenses, although I'd feel kind of bad about telling my buyer that I'd changed my mind.

My other concern is... I want quality pics. And I know that gear doesn't make a good photographer, but it certainly can make a good photograph, all other things equal!

Are there any 'must have' legacy gems with superb IQ that won't break the bank? I've done a little research but honestly, the time it takes to go through all the forum posts and info is just too much! I'm talking primes any focal length up to like 200. I don't have much use for anything beyond that.

If money was no issue, I'd have a FF canon with L lenses (or Nikon equivelant, I'm not biased). Help me get the best quality I can with my limited funds, please
Your help is much appreciated, thank you.

Canon EOS 40D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow