FZ200: Silkypix RAW and Standard JPG comparison

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ronomy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,287Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ200: Silkypix RAW and Standard JPG comparison
In reply to chillgreg, Feb 1, 2013

I love Coles images!  I can make my posted SOOC images cleaner but I am just trying to compare what the camera can do with SP here.  Although these comparisons make the SOOC camera images look a lot like the SP Pro 5.0 images I have others using similar settings that are blotchy even using the default settings for NR and SH lowered to -1 like Cole was using a while back.  Neat image makes them look great.  However I still think our new findings using ires/izoom and SH -2, NR -1 is the ideal setting for SOOC jpgs.  Outdoors in mid to high light levels the images are very clean and sharp unlike the latest image i just posted from back in Sept. in bright sun and blue skies.  Even at ISO 100 it is noisy.  The new settings yield very clean images.  So I plan to stick with them.  I tried so many different lighting settings in and outdoors with good results even as high as ISO 1600.  Even 3200 looks OK with these settings!

Ronomy's gear list:Ronomy's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow