B&H selling returned products: Question for Mr. Henry Posner

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
chopsteeks
Senior MemberPosts: 1,212
Like?
Re: B&H selling returned products: Question for Mr. Henry Posner
In reply to hedwards, Feb 1, 2013

hedwards wrote:

Unprofitable is hard to identify sometimes. How much is goodwill worth? Is it worth insisting that you get all your profit on this one purchase, if it means that the customer never shops there again?

I'm not really picking on you, I just think that if people found out that their camera, for which they paid full price, wasn't actually new, that there would be a rather serious hit to their reputation and that a customer like that would likely never shop there again, having been defrauded once.

I think the best way to handle it is really doing something like Frye's where they place the items into new white boxes and sell them at a discount. It's clear that they've been opened and I believe you still get a warranty on it, you just recognize that it might have some wear and tear on it and that the box isn't pristine.

As far as B&H selling used gear, if they're selling them as grey market without marking them as such, I'm not sure it makes any real difference as you don't get the official warranty with those purchases anyways.

I will then give my business to stores like Frye's.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow