7D2 - not coming soon? - Anyone translate Japanese Canon interview

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
altair8800
Senior MemberPosts: 1,228
Like?
Re: 7D2 - see front page article DPReview - "limited interest in high-end APS-C"
In reply to NancyP, Feb 1, 2013

NancyP wrote:

The 70D is coming, but the 7D2 may not be a priority - Canon imaging CEO says that there are only another 2 generations of APS-C DSLRs expected. Future is in FF, the 6D is meant to cut the ground under the APS-C models. I suspect that any 7D2 will be released with a substantial addition to MP plus some other features - Nikon already has a 24MP "entry" APS-C newly released.

Personally I think that Canon ought to recognize its action/wildlife photographer segment as having interest in a new top-level APS-C, but maybe the Canon approach is to make that super-high MP FF first.

This is from front page:

The future for semi-pro

Now that full frame is appearing in cameras the size and price of the 6D, the future of APS-C at the semi-pro level is in doubt, he says:

'That's something we're considering at the moment. From our semi-pro users there's still demand for APS-C but in the future, I think we will see an increase in the number of full-frame models.'

He did not say "there are only another 2 generations of APS-C DSLRs expected" or "the future of APS-C at the semi-pro level is in doubt", just the interviewer says that.

This is from the interviewer:

Either way, that doesn't close the door on an EOS 70D though - when asked when we can expect one, Maeda promises: 'some day in the future. Without fail.'

That doesn't close the door on an EOS 7DII either.

Did you read a more complete version?

Dan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow