Has anyone used Transcend SD WiFi with Windows 7?

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
likeacat
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Has anyone used Transcend SD WiFi with Windows 7?
Feb 1, 2013

I've been trying to figure out whether or not to risk $60 on one of these cards. Amazon product descriptions claims "OS X and Windows supported", but that is about the extent to which I can find ANYTHING on the web about using these memory cards with Windows. Apparently, people only care about using these with mobile devices. I want a WiFi card simply to store my photos onto my hard drive.

I've considered Eye-Fi, but the GB per $ doesn't go nearly as far as with Transcend. Eye-Fi cards appear to come with a card reader with which to initialize integration with your Windows PC, as where Transcend makes no mention of what is included with the purchase (I do not own any card reader), nor could I find anything on their site software wise for use of their product with Windows.

I'm hoping by chance, someone here can please tell me if they've used the Transcend WiFi cards simply for the purpose of uploading to hdd storage? Does it work with Windows? Does it come with software? How do you set it up?

Should I just say screw it and go with the Eye-Fi?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow