Wayne Lapeirre is against 100% background checks on gun sales.

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
mamallama
Forum ProPosts: 31,814Gear list
Like?
Re: Wayne Lapeirre is against 100% background checks on gun sales.
In reply to Henry Schobin, Feb 1, 2013

Henry Schobin wrote:

vadimraskin wrote:

Henry Schobin wrote:

Don_D wrote:

Henry Schobin wrote:

Don_D wrote:

I wonder why the CEO of the NRA, Wayne Lapierre, refuses to endorse 100% background checks on the sale of guns. Everyone knows that today, in most places, you can buy a gun at a gun show without undergoing a background check....and most everyone thinks that's a loophole that needs to be closed.

I saw him on TV just today saying again that he would not support it.

I think he is damaging his own cause by taking this unpopular stand. It seems he will not give an inch, even though this seems a very reasonable step. He is looking more and more like a shill for the gun industry, rather than representing his own members.

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/dond
Don

It's a moot point Don.

I don't believe the government could handle the calls generated by the millions of private sales (non FFL dealers) trying to do a background check. The non-background check sales at gun shows are from private owners, the dealers still have to do the background checks.

I think they could.

NICS has been used for more than 100 million background checks the last decade, leading to more than 700,000 denials.

Once you have the list, it's really pretty simple to check to see if someone is on it; and the list already exists.

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/dond
Don

So how would this work?

I sell my gun to my co-worker across town.

I download the form have him fill it out SS# and all.

I call in and he passes. He gets the gun, I get the money.

He gives the gun to his 16 year old son for his birthday.

His son joins a gang.

-- hide signature --

Rethink your last comment.

Then "he" is responsible for his son and whatever damage that gun could do, you are off the hook. What's the problem?

The "problem" is you can never solve the "problem" - because the "problem" is people not objects, tools or weapons

However accountability is tracked and that will make whomever accountable responsible. Problem of who is responsible is solved.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow