Sigma 30 & 19 plus Ultra Wide Converter

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Cullings
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 30 & 19 plus Ultra Wide Converter
In reply to Runnicle, Feb 1, 2013

Runnicle wrote:

Thanks to member Captura for revealing that certain Panasonic conversion lenses fit right onto the Sigma 30 and Sigma 19. Two ultra-wide Lumix UW conversion lenses (CWC1 and LW46, both x 0.75) screw right onto the 46mm threads of either Sigma lens. I have the LW46, which was actually the predecessor of the CWC1. Price was about $125 like new used through Amazon.

Hi Runnicle,

While scanning for LW46 info, I found this at Amazon:   ($29.99 + free shipping)

by Goja" "Essential Kit for PANASONIC Lumix DMC-LX3 and LEICA D-Lux 4 Point & Shoot Cameras - Includes: 0.34X Wide Angle Fisheye (w/ Macro Portion) High Definition Lens + 52MM Aluminum Lens Adapter Tube + MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth
Looks like a low-cost fisheye conversion lens that may work with the Sigma lenses. But it doesn't appear to be made by Panasonic (quality?). I already have a Rokinon 8mm fisheye lens, so probably don't need this one too.  Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003YDFA14?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ2AAONXYNQIB5SKQ&tag=usxrnas-20&linkCode=sp1&camp=2025&creative=386001&creativeASIN=B003YDFA14
Thanks for the field-of-view comparison photos.  Perhaps you could add a fisheye view too?

Cullings's gear list:Cullings's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow