Please share photgraphy tip(s) you've used

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
dzba
Contributing MemberPosts: 653Gear list
Like?
Re: Birds in flight 101, another link to digest and use
In reply to imqqmi, Feb 1, 2013

imqqmi wrote:

Here's a little write up I did a few years ago, it still might be useful to some:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/35879850

Excellent stuff Img. Now that I have a camera that is fast enough to attempt this, BIFs are on my list to do. I'm currently limited by the short reach of the kit lens, but I've been trying some. As luck would have it, on my 1st day out with the t4i a bald eagle circled and flew right over me. Not enough reach at 55mm to get what I want. I would have bet when I left the house I wouldn't SEE an eagle, let alone have one fly right over me. Boy Scout's motto comes to mind: always be prepared. Easier said than done. I will venture to say that others besides me will find value in this list of how toos for BIFs. I've previously read other's ideas but because I was limited with a very slow camera, I never got too involved with my attempts. Now this has changed for me, in a big way. I in the future want to look at your sunset blending link. The BIF is another one of your links I plan to use, thanks, Mike

dzba's gear list:dzba's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 Canon EOS 650D Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow