Eagle BIFs and URGENT AF-S question to birders/tele shooters/trouble shooters!

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
windsprite
Senior MemberPosts: 1,991Gear list
Like?
Re: The problem
In reply to FrankG, Feb 1, 2013

FrankG wrote:

My D7000 intermittently does something very similar to what you are describing with my 300mm F4 AFS although I have never tested to see if double-glazing has any effect on this! I think it is something to do with intermittent poor contacts between the lens and the body. Do you notice any looseness or play between the lens and the body?

My D800 does not have any such problem with this lens, just the D7000.

I tried cleaning the contacts on both the D7000 body and the lens contacts but it didn't seem to make any difference but you could try this in case it works in your case. If that doesn't fix the problem then I would think you are probably going to have to have it sorted out by Nikon service unfortunately. If so then the idea of an emergency lens hire seems a good one.

Frank

Hi Frank.  Interesting that you have seen something similar.  Like I told Chris above, the lens seems very snugly mounted.  I'm thinking it's probably not a contact problem in my case, as the behavior is totally predictable, and everything performs spectacularly through heavy glass, go figure.  I wouldn't totally rule it out for your own intermittent issue, though.

Thanks for taking the time to consider my problem,

Julie

windsprite's gear list:windsprite's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D2H Nikon D300 +36 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow