ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
maumascia
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Need tips for RX1
Feb 1, 2013

Hi All,

I finally got my RX1 today! Had to wait until a friend went to the US to buy it there (prices are insane elsewhere) and I couldn't be happier to finally have it in my hands. I'm at home right now and it's really late, so I couldn't experiment a lot, but the high iso images and bokeh are amazing from the few pictures I took so far.

I'm planning on taking it to a friend's birthday tomorrow and wanted some tips from you who have had the camera for some time now.

Here are my questions:

- I noticed flexible focus has a smaller focusing area than center focus. Is it more precise? I tried both in low light and I got mixed results.. sometimes flexible is better, sometimes center is better.

- Do you turn face detection on? I was expecting it to detect faces and look focus on eyes, but at f/2 it is consistently focusing on the eyebrows leaving the eyes slightly out of focus. Should I just turn it off?

- Do you use peaking level on low, medium or high? Is there a way to have peaking enabled without using the focus assistent (like I can on the NEX 6)?

- When I'm using flexible spot is there a way to quickly move the spot around? I assigned the focus type function to the "down button" and I can get to it pressing two buttons ("down" and then selecting "flexible"). Can I get to it using just one button?

- In the menu there's a LCD brightness setting with 3 options: Auto, Manual, Sunny Weather. When it's set to auto will it use the sunny weather setting if I'm outside and the camera detects it's really bright or do I have to manually enable it?

Thanks and I'll post some pictures soon!

Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow