Please share photgraphy tip(s) you've used

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
dzba
Contributing MemberPosts: 678Gear list
Like?
Re: Always preset your camera when you go out shooting, thanks Img
In reply to imqqmi, Feb 1, 2013

imqqmi wrote:

Here's a simple one but it has proven useful to me countless times. Whenever you set out to photograph, always preset your camera with settings that are most likely to be used for the type of photography and light conditions you're in. Especially skittish wildlife and birds in flight type of stuff requires that you are quick and nail the shot when the opportunity presents itself, and it's not uncommon that it presents itself when you've just arrived, walking around with the camera set to whatever you've had the last night, something like iso 1600, 1/60ss f/2.8, which will completely blow out the image or blur like crazy with a 400mm lens and is noisy to boot Happened to me too many times.

I like this idea.  A little foresight and preparation can go a long way.

Have a look at my signature for some tutorials and other stuff that might be interesting.

I took a quick look at your DSLR cheatsheet and want to know if it's okay to print it out?  My brother has a Canon 40d and I now have a Canon 4ti.  When I have more time I fully intend to dig into what you've been kind enough to provide.  Many thanks, Mike

dzba wrote:

we have a wealth of experienced and knowledgeable photographers on this forum who I would like to tap and have share their photography tips (not camera specific) tips they've picked up while discovering and exploring their love of photography. From the newest "noobie" to the most seasoned veteran we can all learn from each other. My approach after being a carpenter 40+ years was that I could learn something new at work everyday, if I kept my mind (eyes and ears) open. Never too experienced to learn from anyone. With that said, please add a tip, or as many as you want to this thread. Change the subject entry line to your tip subject so those who only want to read the tips, won't overlook your contribution. Thanks, Mike

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
Imqqmi

Excellent stuff in here Img.  I

Links:
View my webgallery
The DSLR jargon cheatsheet
Sunset blending tutorial
Wilba's Frequently Asked (beginners) Questions and answers

dzba's gear list:dzba's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 Canon EOS 650D Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow