D7000 or D90 + lens

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Questions thread
theNeverKings
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?
Re: D7000 or D90 + lens
In reply to nfpotter, Feb 1, 2013

nfpotter wrote:

Get the D7000. The D90's a great camera, but the D7000 is better on every single front.

Hi.

I use a D90 and have just recently acquired the D7000. But I wouldn't say the D7000 is better on all fronts. The one area that I feel the D90 is superior  is in its responsiveness. I find things such as file playback, zooming, scrolling etc to be better on the D90. At times the D7000 can appear to be "making up its mind" as to whether or not it will respond to a button push.

The D7000 files also have a different look to the D90 files. That's not to say the D7000 look is bad, it's just that I'm still used to working with the D90 files and know how to extract the most out of them in Lightroom. A matter of time I guess.

The smaller size of the D90 files can also be viewed as a positive with respect to storage space and speed of processing. This can be an advantage depending on how many shots you take and, ultimately, your output use. I don't see any resolution benefit at the size I typically print at (8x10, 8x12).

Best of luck!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow