RAW file disparity between Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS5

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
cedy
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Re: RAW file disparity between Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS5
In reply to kchildress, Feb 1, 2013

If I were you, I would completely forget about any adobe product doing any raw conversion. It's absurd, really it is. Adobe products look at the raw file and must guess what the file has in it. There is considerably more information in a raw file that Adobe can never see. Use you camera manufactures software and do basic white balance if needed, then convert to a TIFF. ACR ( I'm not a fan of LR at all) will still be able to open up the TIFF and you can treat it as a raw, but white balance changes its method, so if you like plugging in direct numbers for WB i.e. 5500k its best to do that with the manufactures software. You'll get much cleaner images and methodology changes little. Best of all you'll never have to battle the constant problem of finding a raw conversion again.

DNG is not a good choice, so keep your raw files locked away in case they are ever needed, but for the day to day hands on work, use the method I mentioned.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow