Show your tripods if you will. And recommend some. (please)

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ken Yull
Contributing MemberPosts: 972Gear list
Like?
Re: Benbo and Bren DNA.
In reply to Guy Parsons, Jan 31, 2013

Guy Parsons wrote:

Ken Yull wrote:...... . Was told the design was taken from a war-time Machine Gun Tripod, not too sure but think it was the Bren Gun. Maybe someone will correct me?

No need to correct, absolutely spot on, here in Wikipedia is the Bren on a mount.

The secret is the way the legs come together held in place and locked by a bent bolt under the front of the weapon - hence the name Benbo from BENt BOlt.

Heavy and awkward but amazingly versatile so the Benbo only got out when I was really serious about macro. Now with 60mm macro lens I feel like getting serious again......

Regards..... Guy

Thanks for the confirmation Guy. Since my post I have remembered one of the reasons I bought the Benbo. At the time one of my favorite Pro Photographers was using one, and I thought if it is good enough for her, then OK with me. Yes a name from the past, wonder if the lady is still with us, have a couple of her books. Heather Angel.

-- hide signature --

Cheers. Ken.
Panny G2, G5, & Fuji W1.
http://www.pbase.com/kentel

Ken Yull's gear list:Ken Yull's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow