The 12-35 mm for landscape.

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Paul De Bra
Forum ProPosts: 11,317Gear list
Like?
Not every lens does this!
In reply to Shirozina, Jan 31, 2013

The example image that was shown illustrates a problem with this lens that is not present in all lenses!

On my Canon dslr I had the Sigma 18-125 lens for about a year. This lens (which had issues like autofocus) was extremely resistant to purple fringing. I later got the Canon 17-85IS which is notorious for loads of purple fringing. I replaced it with the 17-55IS which was more resistant to PF.

I currently have the E-M5 with Olympus 12-50 and I have the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7. Under the exact same circumstances, shooting at 20mm the 12-50 will not show purple fringing where the 20mm shows very clear purple fringing.

So it looks like the 12-35 is pretty bad in the purple fringing area. Don't know if this is common with Panasonic lenses. But for such an expensive lens it is not really acceptable. I know the image is a purple fringing nightmare (branches against bright sky always is problematic) but I would expect much better from such an expensive lens. Now if only there was an alternative...

-- hide signature --

Slowly learning to use the Olympus OM-D E-M5.
Public pictures at http://debra.zenfolio.com/.

Paul De Bra's gear list:Paul De Bra's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow