Get off the RX1's back

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
tbcass
Forum ProPosts: 17,959Gear list
Like?
Re: Get off the RX1's back
In reply to ianbrown, Jan 31, 2013

ianbrown wrote:

I can't believe the amount of negative feedback on the RX1 on this forum!!!!

I guess its because we have discussions about a FF camera on a compact APS forum?

Slow AF - limited auto ISO - Fixed lens - Too expensive ye ye ye

I think its just envy, mainly from RX100 owners who think their camera will perform almost as we'll for 25% of the price. Well let me tell you if you think that you know very little about photography.

Sony has made a superb camera that is both unique and a work of art that produces stunning images .

Its far from perfect but if you can afford one you won't be disappointed unless you are trying to compare it with a FF DSLR and want to use for sports photography etc.

So please give the RX1 a break and congratulate Sony on achieving something that no other manufacturer has dared or indeed could do.

Ian

Hey I know plenty about photography as I've been involved in the hobby for 45 years. I bought my first SLR in 1969. I took photography courses in college. I own an RX100, an A55 and an A65. The RX1 is over priced plain and simple. It would be a great camera for $1500 but for $2800 it's a rip off IMO and nothing you say can change my mind.

-- hide signature --
 tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow