Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bombadilio
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Canon S100 or S110 4th time I am repairing camera
Jan 31, 2013

Instead of a long message in short, I may have the opportunity to turn in my Canon S100 for a brand new camera to Canon. I now have to send the camera in for the 4th time. the first 3 were for the lens error, the 4th time is now since the GPS is not picking up.

On the phone the tech rep said since it's the 4th time they would possibly replace the camera. He said the S110 has GPS + wifi ( I think it only has wifi ).

In your opinion does it make sense to make the switch? Is the 110 a much better camera than the 100. I have had the S90, S95 and now S100, personally I did not see much of a difference in quality until I got the S95 and the S100 for me was a worthwhile cosmetic upgrade. I care more about battery life, and picture quality than anything else. I also like the idea to be able to post my photos from the camera instead of on the computer. Mainly though I am just tired that I now have to send the camera in again.

What are your thoughts?

Repair schedule was:

1. MBK Bangkok took 3 weeks on Asia tour trip and left me without a camera

2. Broke on Thanksgiving in November again and left without a camera for 3 weeks

3. Camera not functioning again on return and sent in around New Years for 2 weeks (Torn FPC)

4. Returned camera had a replaced Outer, back, top body and the Torn FPC was fixed but now the GPS won't catch.

My SN starts with 29

Thoughts?

Canon PowerShot S110 Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot S95
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow