Studio Pics w/GX-1 & Assorted Lenses

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
jeffinvan
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?
Re: Very nice...
In reply to tedolf, Jan 31, 2013

Thanks! The setup works well although I do find the momentary blanking of the screen between shots a little distracting; will have to play around with the multi-shot mode to see if that helps speed things up.
I'm used to shooting through a proper OVF so despite shooting casual people shots with the GX-1 all the time, shooting "under pressure" was something to get used to; unfortunately, adding the LVF-2 to the setup will eliminate the ability to use a wireless trigger so I'll have to continue to tweak my camera setup so that it goes as smoothly as possible.

I had some issues with focusing (I'm used to have that fixed 1 of 11 or so focal points in the viewfinder; maybe I should play around with touch-activated shutter instead. I didn't really think through the camera setup before shooting so there were a couple of awkward moments but otherwise I had fun with the camera.

jeffinvan's gear list:jeffinvan's gear list
Pentax K-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow