Got the GH3, now the lens I really want....

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,487Gear list
Like?
Re: Maybe not so long.
In reply to nzmacro, Jan 31, 2013

nzmacro wrote:

John.Laninga wrote:

The one lens I would really like Panasonic (or Tamron, I've had good luck with them in the past) is a fast prime zoom. Nothing too esoteric, like maybe a 250 or 300mm f4.0.... look out birds!

Thats a fine camera by the looks John and impressed with the GH3, following it closely here.

Yes, 250, preferably 300 would be ideal. F/4 not bad at all. Surprised how many bird shooters that are in here now days and its great to see. The GH3 in particular I can see why. Would love a 400 F/5.6 for m4/3, but thats a long way off yet I think.

Maybe not so long. I think it is on Panasonic mind to build a good range of long focal's with wide apertures to attract the Pros and Enthusiasts, they have begin with the 150mm. Also Olympus will do the same. This is my opinion.

Panasonic Lumix have made some marketing with National Geographic and invited some pros to shoot with the GH3 and the new f/2.8 zoom lenses.

I have a couple of lenses here that I don't use much that could pay for that combo, plus I would find it easy to justify.

All the best John and good on you.

Danny.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow