Am I doing something wrong? Sony A57

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
garypaul1256
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?
Re: don't spend money YET
In reply to William Porter, Jan 31, 2013

Big point for you to take away: ISO 3200 and 6400 are (by and large) desperation settings. You use 'em when you have no choice. And don't expect the results to be top-notch. High ISO settings are like air bags in your car, or life insurance policies. You pay for 'em, but you'd rather not use 'em.

The other big point is, get better light. Turn on another light in the room. Use a flash. Move baby near a window. Whatever works.

But you do not need a faster/better lens, at least there's no evidence in this thread that that should be your first remedy. If you were going to spend money, a bounceable flash would be a better next purchase than a lens.

Good luck and have fun.

Will

I agree here also. I was a newbie a year ago and made the same sort of post. Learn your camera and then slowly invest and do your research. The forum here helps out a great deal. I upgraded lens speed just out of budget necessities. A 50mm 1.8 is cheaper than spending double that for a decent flash.
Your camera will do everything you want it to and flash will help at stopping movement and light the scene.
Good Luck! I wish I would've join the dsl club 8 years ago when I had my first child.

garypaul1256's gear list:garypaul1256's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow