Elephant walk in uptown Charlotte, plus several others from my first time out with the 25 mm.

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Charles Pike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,107Gear list
Like?
Re: 25mm vs 20mm
In reply to Chris Noble, Jan 31, 2013

I will still keep the 20 mm lens as it is really a great lens and I will still use it.  I have the following lens: 14 mm, 20 mm, 25 mm, 14-45 mm, 45-200 mm, and now I will not be buying any more, and may get rid of the 14-45 mm as I almost never have used it since buying the 20 mm lens.  I gave my 40 year old son my GF1, and he has complained that the kit lens that I included was to slow, so I may let him borrow the 20 mm.  Having just received the 25 mm I will have to see how often I will use the 20 mm.  As far as would I have bought the 20 mm if I had the 25 mm first, most likely not.

One thing after being a shooter for 50 years, I often regret having sold a lens.  Sometimes that is the perfect lens for a shoot, but you no longer own it, and you don't get what it is worth.  That said, there was a time, that if some bit of camera equipment didn't pay its way, it was sold.

www.photosbypike.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow