D800e with 24-70 (10 row Pano)

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
voider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,717Gear list
Like?
Re: OK - now what - (excellent photo by the way)?
In reply to Steve Bingham, Jan 31, 2013

Hi Steve,

yes printing big is a problem if you don't have a gallery. I just made a huge Pano-Print which cost me a fortune inkl. wood frame...

This one will be printed big as well and I will hang it in my office. My wife complains that there are no walls to hang. I am preparing slowly to print my pictures. Funny though that most of my large prints are Panos I just love the format. Of course with the D800 it is now easily possible to crop to this format and it is probably way overdone to do panos with the D800 since the huge size. This one is 20.000 x 8.000 pixel large. With my D700 it was a totally different thing

Thank you for looking,

Timur

Steve Bingham wrote:

I gave up on panos after I made some excellent ones - when I realized I had no place to hang a 2' x 8' print! Actually, very few places to hang a huge pano. With a 24" large format making a huge print is easy.However, mounting and framing it is an entirely different issue!!!!!! Think $$$$$$$ -unless you do it yourself.

A LONG time ago I made some huge b&w prints (4' x 8'), mounted them on 4x8 sheets of plywood with white glue and a squeegee. Then built a frame. They hung in a motorcycle shop for many years-and one huge horizontal above my couch (the 3rd move killed it). Prints were made in my garage with 3 trays made of 2" x 6" lumber and 3 shower curtains to hold the chemicals in. Washed them in my bath tub!

I used 35mm film and made high contrast 4x5 inter negs. Lots of work to produce huge high contrast art type prints.

I keep fantasizing about huge panos . . . . Great shot, by the way!

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

-- hide signature --

Visit www.voider.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow