g15 bracketing question

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
FJG3
Contributing MemberPosts: 748Gear list
Like?
Re: "Group Images" Playback
In reply to shuttervelocity, Jan 31, 2013

Unfortunately the G15 does not align your three exposure shots automatically like some other brands may do. So if you want to use the in-camera HDR feature you must have a rock solid steady foundation like a good tripod or you will get double exposure looking HDR's from camera movement between the three shots. Best way I've found is to set the camera to a ten second self timer and let it take the three pictures firmly mounted on a tripod, you should get good results from that method. I would highly recommend that if your into HDR's that you purchase the software Photomatix Pro 4.0 as its much more versatile and best of all it aligns your multiple exposures perfectly which means with a little care (no large camera movement) you can do hand held HDR's with the G15.  Enjoy your replacement G15, best P/S I've every owned and I've had "My Fair Share" of them.:-D

FJG3's gear list:FJG3's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX7 Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Canon PowerShot G15 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow