We are beat down!!

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
cplunk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,186Gear list
Like?
If it's too big for my pocket....
In reply to OntarioJohn, Jan 31, 2013

I don't really care how small it is. If I'm already committed to carrying it on a strap or bringing a bag along, it's just not an issue anymore.

Not being the type of guy that carry's a purse, none of the Nex, Nikon-1 or 4/3s fit in my pocket with a lens on them. Maybe with one of those small wide angle primes, but I don't like to use wide angles that much, so they don't really help. (is that a Nex with a zoom lens in your pocket, or are you just happy to be on a bus standing next to a drunk homeless guy).

But, I'm 6'3", 230 pounds, and on my A77 without a grip I can easily curl up my pinky finger underneath the body. Once I've committed to carrying something that doesn't fit in my pocket, an A77 with grip and an f2.8 standard zoom it's going to bother me any more than a Nex3 with a 18-55 zoom.  Maybe if I had a purse to put it in, where these all ladies discussing this?

I do like having a camera that does fit in my pocket. I've really been eyeing that rx100, I'd be sold if it was waterproof with GPS. Waiting to see what else might hit the market before my next vacation, but when I'm traveling I'm rarely without some point and shoot in my pocket. But if it doesn't fit in my pocket (with a lens, so it's actually usable) there's really no point in it being small for me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow