CharlesB58
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,885
Like?
Re: Olympus Statement About Fourthirds and Micro Fourthirds
In reply to pris, Jan 31, 2013

pris wrote:

CharlesB58 wrote:

pris wrote:

"Next E" in this slide leaves very little room for interpretations though.

Really?

Does it say that the next "E" is going to be a conventional DSLR, or just a camera that has the "E" designation as part of the nomenclature?

It's a camera that is going to satisfy 43 owners, as far as their lenses use is concerned. Distinction between "next E" and "next OMD" is made for a reason. Focusing 43 lenses properly and ergonomics matching those lenses is such reason. The gist of what I said was that it's a CAMERA, and not a side product like a flash for 43 as you implied.

As I said, speculating based on marketing materials is sketchy at best. Some of us were here long enough to remember how the E5 was supposedly going to be some sort of modular/hybrid camera. That speculation was based on the same vague statements and graphics we see right now.

People are getting torqued over whether the next "E" camera will be a conventional DSLR design (OVF) or a "hybrid". My point is that we will simply have to wait an see, as Olympus has not made any definitive statement either way.

But in the years I have been on this forum, lack of solid statements from Olympus has never discouraged people from speculating-and then blaming Olympus when their speculations proved inaccurate-so I'll leave it at that.

-- hide signature --

Some people operate cameras. Others use them to create images. There is a difference.
http://ikkens.zenfolio.com/
http://sarob-w.deviantart.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
404New
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow