Started Jan 31, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Verity0807
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
which olympus PEN should I buy?! Help!!
Jan 31, 2013

Hello all, I want to buy my fiance a great camera as a present for the morning of our wedding, this August. He's always wanted a really good camera that he can experiment with and learn new skills with. I've always liked Olympus cameras so I have focussed on them. Hopefully that's a good thing!

I am torn between a really good deal I've seen for a double lens kit OLympus PEN EPL3 at just over £400. It comes with the M.ZUIKO Digital 14 -42mm II R and the M.ZUIKO Digital 40 -150mm Lenses and all the usual bits and bobs.

Or I could get him the new Olympus PEN EPM2 with the M.ZUIKO Digital 14 -42mm II R Lens & 8GB FlashAir Card. Which comes in above the £450 mark. I couldn't go for a double lens kit for this as that's about £650 and too much for me!

I know the PEN EPL5 has come in to replace the EPL3 but is the EPL3 still a good camera? I know it is only 12.3 megapixels instead of the 16.1 for the EPM2.

I felt it might be good to have the double lens kit but is it worth sacrificing the megapixels and potentiall better features in the EPM2? I don't even know what difference having the second lens with the EPL3 would bring to his experiences/use of the camera? I am not a photographer so all this confuses me a bit! Would the EPm2 be too small for him? I haven't managed to see it in person yet.

I've heard the lenses can be incredibly expensive to buy on their own and can be difficult to source?

Any help/advice would be welcome. Thanks a lot

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-PM2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow