Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Psyrix
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
G3 vs. G5 Help
Jan 31, 2013

After searching through what seems like tons of posts and reading through everyones thoughtful responses, I still need help.

It seems like I have read everything available online and in magazines in the past few weeks and have settled on either the G3 or the G5. I like the cameras design, the fact that they have viewfinders, interchangeable lenses and seem to be in my price range.

I suppose the main question is, what is the better camera between the two for someone that has no gear, no lenses or anything and wants to start out. Although I am aware of the technical difference between the two cameras, are they really that different? Is it worth it to pay the extra premium for the G5 when I can get the G3 at what I believe is a good price and have extra money for lenses.

With budgetary constraints, if I got the G5, that would pretty much be all that I would get. If I got the G3, I would be able to get the kit as well as an extra lens. I am certainly open to other options but I think my heart is set on one of those two cameras.

I am looking at these cameras because I want something small for future travel as I am getting married this year and want to really start cataloging my life with my family.

As well as the camera, what kind of gear do you recommend, specifically lenses. I am really looking to get this camera for my honeymoon to New Orleans and a cruise. I am open to non panasonic lens as I know that some really fantastic lenses are out there, I just don't know where to start. I would mostly be using this for street shots, portraits, indoor and maybe simple landscapes.

I am sure this question has been asked before and I hate for people to think that I blindly posted this without searching. If there is a suitable post covering this, I would be happy with a link so that I could read those responses. Thank you all for your help.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow