What 35mm f1.4 to f1.8 lenses would you recommend?

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Letsgokoulos
Senior MemberPosts: 1,432
Like?
Re: What 35mm f1.4 to f1.8 lenses would you recommend?
In reply to blakninja, Jan 31, 2013

blakninja wrote:

I tried the SEL35F18 from Sony and the blur (bokeh) in the background is not strong enough, so I'm really looking for lower than f1.8 then. Also, 50mm on NEX is just to far.. 35mm would be preferable.

That means, I have to higher my budget to 200$ then. Do you have any good suggestions for 35mm and f < 1.8?

First of all, you have to accept the fact that you will loose AF functionality if you do not get one of the E-lenses.

It will be difficult to find 35mm lenses with larger apertures than f1.8, and I am not sure they will provide with the bokeh you are expecting, particularly at the price you are offering...

There are many 50mm lenses with apertures as large as f1.2 that most likely would provide you with the proper bokeh, such as Minolta MD or Canon FD. Again, I think your budget is far too low for such lenses.

You can also try the Konica Hexanon 40mm f1.8, which is quite a sharp lens and will give good bokeh at f2. This lens should be within your budget.

Marc

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow