Help Cleaning my D7000

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
nfpotter
Senior MemberPosts: 4,072
Like?
Re: Help Cleaning my D7000
In reply to kenju4u, Jan 31, 2013

kenju4u wrote:

So I bought a D7000 couple of months ago and went to theGirNational ForestinIndiawith it. The conditions were extremely dusty there. Although my sensor didn’t get anything on it because I didn’t change lens while out in the field I see very fine dust all over inside the view finder. I am not able to clean it with a blower because it’s on the inside. I am not sure how it got in since the camera is suppose to be weather sealed but I need advice on how I can clean out my view finder without sending it in for service.

Images I take are not affected by the dust (at least not that I can tell) nor do I see the dust when I look through the view finder, but I do see it when I shine a flashlight into the view finder.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ken

-- hide signature --

CAMERAS :Nikon D7000, Fuji F30
---------------------------------------------------------
LENS:Nikon 18-200 VR II, Nikon 35mm F1.8, Tamron 124 F4

The dust is just annoying, won't hurt your shots.  Best set is to take a rocket blower and blow air in right at the top of the mirror box.  Usually works fine for me.  Be VERY careful not to touch the mirror.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow