Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Bean (UK)
Forum ProPosts: 18,034
Like?
Soft leather case for X100 :-)
Jan 31, 2013

Background: I often carry a camera "loose" in a coat pocket and always use a wrist strap, but I like to have the camera protected against minor knocks and abrasions when I'm out and about. In my film days I often used a Leica CL (about the same size and shape as a X100) which had a brilliantly simple soft leather case, like in this image lifted from ebay:

The idea is to offer protection without the penalty of additional bulk as you get with almost all modern camera cases.

I've been looking for something similar for the X100 and finally found one that works, albeit not quite as well as the purpose made Leica case of days gone by. It is however much, much cheaper at £3.99:

Fabretti LEATHER Digital Camera Case

The fit is perfect (really!) but there is an inner zipped pocket that needs to be cut out (simple to do) to avoid the zipper damaging the back of the camera. After removal the lining is still intact, nothing to harm the camera. It has a handy belt loop and a detachable leather strap which I don't use (I have one on the camera). There's even room to carry a spare battery and several SD cards in the front zippered pockets! The leather is lovely quality and it's surprisingly well made; bargain.

Pictures:

-- hide signature --

John Bean [GMT]
"Note: If pictures and physical have access, please in kind prevail, thank you for understand." - quotation from an ebay listing.

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow