Does one software program, or another, work better with Canon images

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Questions thread
billythek
Senior MemberPosts: 3,858
Like?
Re: Just downloaded a trial of capture one 7...
In reply to Rick Knepper, Jan 31, 2013

Rick Knepper wrote:

One of the many things I like about PS is it retains the Windows conventions File Open Save etc while giving one the option of loading Bridge and using this alternative to file management instead. To my knowledge, you can't turn that stuff off in LR. I was criticized for the comment regarding "the whack interface" but this was a jab at Adobe, not the users of LR. I do not believe folks are drawn to LR for file management. On the one hand, Adobe markets LR as a one-stop solution for photographers, and on the other hand, well... see my post below in the section regarding LR vs. PS. I REALLY do believe that folks who are able to master the principles of photography and the sometimes complicated operations of their cameras are smart enough to manage files on their own.

Personally, the file management in LR is one of the key features that I do like.  Yes, I could figure out to manage it on my own, if I had to.  And I did, before I started using LR.  However, I just find it a lot easier to let LR handle all that, and prefer LR over the earlier versions of Bridge in that respect.  I understand the newer versions of Bridge have gotten better, though.

And, although LR and CS share the same ACR engine, I do prefer the LR user interface.  But that is personal preference, of course. The key thing for me is that it is easier to maintain a non-destructive workflow using LR.  Yes, you can also do it using CS, but it is also very easy to stray off the path.

-- hide signature --

- Bill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DPPNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow