D800e with 24-70 (10 row Pano)

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Steve Bingham
Forum ProPosts: 20,388Gear list
Like?
OK - now what - (excellent photo by the way)?
In reply to goosel, Jan 31, 2013

I gave up on panos after I made some excellent ones  - when I realized I had no place to hang a 2' x 8' print! Actually, very few places to hang a huge pano. With a 24" large format making a huge print is easy.However, mounting and framing it is an entirely different issue!!!!!! Think $$$$$$$ -unless you do it yourself.

A LONG time ago I made some huge b&w prints (4' x 8'), mounted them on 4x8 sheets of plywood with white glue and a squeegee. Then built a frame. They hung in a motorcycle shop for many years-and one huge horizontal above my couch (the 3rd move killed it). Prints were made in my garage with 3 trays made of 2" x  6" lumber and 3 shower curtains to hold the chemicals in. Washed them in my bath tub!

I used 35mm film and made high contrast 4x5 inter negs. Lots of work to produce huge high contrast art type prints.

I keep fantasizing about huge panos  . . . . Great shot, by the way!

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow