K-01 + Bigma, before and after Firmware Ver 1.02 (4 imgs)

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 26,004
Like?
K-01 + Bigma, before and after Firmware Ver 1.02 (4 imgs)
Jan 31, 2013

One week ago I reported the following:

"So far what I have found with the K-01 + Sigma 50-500mm APO OS HSM is that the further away the subject is the worse it focuses. Mine seems to work just fine if the subject is 150 feet or less and the light is reasonable. For subjects that are more than 150 feet it is easy enough to manul focus and make the capture. I just now stepped outside and took a quick 16 images wide open and at 500mm ranging from 50 feet to 2 miles. Thirteen were spot on focus and all of those were 150 feet or less. Two were at 300 feet and were not focused well. One was at two miles and was terrible."

Today after updating my firmware to Ver 1.02 this is what I am reporting. First, it is too danged cold outside for me to stay out very long so I just did some quick handheld shots. I have a Carry Speed VF-3 attached to my K-01. Second, the sun had not quite come up yet. Third, I imagine that if I were to use a tripod then these images would be a lot sharper.

All images were shot with the lens set to 500mm at f6.3 aperture. The stop sign is about 350 feet and the mountain is about 2 or 3 miles. Images 1&2 were without a teleconverter. Images 3&4 were with a Tamron-F 1.4X PZ_Af teleconverter. I had no problems with aurofocusing.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Pentax K-01 Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow