SSD drive for my photos - it's worth it, right?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
arie
Regular MemberPosts: 396
Like?
Re: SSD drive for my photos - it's worth it, right?
In reply to Yemble, Jan 31, 2013

Yemble wrote:

arie wrote:

Whenever I process RAW photos it takes a long time and my guess is that it would take a lot less time with an SSD drive. Does anyone else use one for their photos? For under $200, it seems like it's worth the extra speed.

OCZ Agility 240g

ADATA XPG 256g

When partitioned correctly, SSD can make a HUGE difference to the performance of a PC and especially a laptop. I have a mixture of SSD, fast SATA HDs and a Synology NAS with low power WD Red drives. I do all of my photo editing on SSD and then back up to the NAS. I have both OCZ Agility 4 and Vertex 3 SSDs plus an older Crucial S300. The Vertex is probably for PCs, but the Agility is ideal for a laptop.

The price of SSDs is dropping, but IMHO they are worth buying at any price.

Ok, good point. But SSD aren't really for any specific platform (given that they fit). I assumed I could use any SSD on my PC with the same result. I'm aware that different SSD drives have different specs, speeds and reliability.

-- hide signature --

1500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you knew that people were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. -MIB

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow