RX1 AF Behavior

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
tesilab
Senior MemberPosts: 1,990Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 AF Behavior
In reply to cityathrt, Jan 31, 2013

If you are waiting for a confirmation to snap the picture, then I believe you will be able to respond faster for the beep than the visual confirmation, assuming they happen at the same time.

I don't know why a visual system should be slower to process, light is faster than sound and all that, but I just think we might be better conditioned for rapid response to the sound.

I just now double checked the RX1 menu, and tried just mashing the shutter button on a blurry image in AF mode. It first acquired focus and only then released the shutter. It would be logical that that is the fastest way to fire after acquiring focus confirmation, and I don't know why your results that way would be worse unless there is camera shake involved.

(Though truthfully, I never shoot that way myself, maybe it's a psychological thing, but if it is a person I'm waiting for the right expression, and if it is inanimate, there is just no hurry anyway.)

tesilab's gear list:tesilab's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow