Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sibyy
Regular MemberPosts: 136
Like?
14mm snap AF/MF ring should become the standard for Fuji XF lenses
Jan 31, 2013

I find the idea of the snap focus ring ingenious!
I loved it when it first appeared on the Olympus 12mm f/2.0 lens and more recently on the 17mm and the Fujifilm 14mm.

It allows you to quickly switch from autofocus to manual focus, make adjustments and quickly go back.

I think the best implementation is when you can do AF and manual focus by wire (smoother manual focus for video) on the 'snap up' mode and then snap the focus ring down for good-old satisfying mechanical manual focus.

Now Fuji has already given us the satisfaction of aperture rings, shutter speed and exposure compensation dials. I think the final piece of the puzzle will be the implementation of these snap focus rings with a 'mechanical clutch' as a standard for Fuji lenses.

The way I see it, they only need to abandon the focus selection switch (AF-S, AF-C, MF) - -which I really dislike -- with a thumb-accessed button in the back (similar to the one in the OM-D) so that on 'snap up' you can switch between different autofocus modes and on 'snap down' the screen menu will automatically go to manual.

So what do you guys/girls think?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow