selling 14-150 to raise funds for a 25mm 1.4?

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bluevortex
Regular MemberPosts: 156Gear list
Like?
Re: selling 14-150 to raise funds for a 25mm 1.4?
In reply to howielenny, Jan 31, 2013

The problem is, I picked up the 14-150 from one of the bargain EPL1 kits that were on sale last year, split it and kept the lens. I forget now exactly but it worked out I got the lens for around the £150 mark. If I sell now, I would get around £250-300 (based on other listings sales) meaning the 25mm is well in reach (Digital Rev £376 or second hand). However, I'd be unlikely to splash out on the 25mm otherwise as I have commitments elsewhere.

Can somebody please comment on anticipated low light performance I could expect with the 25? I have 6 week old baby as my subject at present and as we are in winter in Scotland good natural light is rather limited in supply. As my son is mainly indoors right, would I be better investing in a decent flash, something like the Metz 44 and perhaps a cheaper prime or go for the 25mm. I know its reported as an exceptionally bright lens but how good are we talking fully open up ISo 1600 etc?

Cheers
Blue

Bluevortex's gear list:Bluevortex's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow