Regarding ACR 7

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dan Marchant
Senior MemberPosts: 1,603Gear list
Like?
Re: Regarding ACR 7
In reply to brettmeikle, Jan 31, 2013

brettmeikle wrote:

I've noticed that if I have processed a RAW image (DNG) in an earlier version of ACR (6?) then attempt it in Camera Raw 7 I get the older options on sliders, specifically it reverts to 'fill-light' rather than the much better Highlight and Shadow options. This only happens in previously developed files.

Any ideas?

There are significant differences between the new process (2012) and the previous process which means that convert an image from the old process to the new can result in significant changes that may require "correcting".

For this reason Adobe don't automatically change all your old images to the new process as you may well be perfectly happy with them as they are. Given that you can't undo the changes once made you might want to consider creating a virtual copy and updating that to the new process.

-- hide signature --

Dan
-
I love my girlfriend, my dog and my canon 5DIII - even though none of them ever do what I tell them
I am learning photo graphee - see the results at www.danmarchant.com

Dan Marchant's gear list:Dan Marchant's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow